You are invited to preview my Syllabus for the Spring 2015 course — GLOBAL URBAN POVERTY — a graduate offering in the School of Design at the University of Pennsylvania: This course will meet on Mondays, 9am-12noon. [Schedule Note: The first class meeting will be on Wednesday, January 14, 2015; and, the class will not meet on the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday on Monday, January 19, 2015.]
As this syllabus is always being revised in light of the latest research and global developments, comments and suggestions — particularly from prospective students — will be warmly welcomed and appreciated. Please note: This course, sponsored by PennDesign for graduate students in the Master’s degree program in City Planning (MCP), is open to graduate students across the University of Pennsylvania. Serious undergraduates may enroll with course faculty permission.
For more information about the course, please write to me at: ATLamas@sas.upenn.edu
Andy Lamas (Faculty Bio)
You are invited to attend the upcoming conference — “The Many Dimensions of Herbert Marcuse” — at Brandeis University (Waltham, MA) on October 1-2, 2014. The keynote addresses will be delivered by Martin Jay (UC, Berkeley) and Douglas Kellner (UCLA). For more information and to register: http://www.brandeis.edu/marcuse2014/
You are warmly invited to support and attend this great event!
Will you help us honor this amazing group of social change leaders by sponsoring the Tribute to Change or buying an ad?
- The Citizens’ Commission to Investigate the FBI protected our rights to organize and dissent.
- Sue Osthoff is a champion for survivors of domestic violence facing criminal charges.
- Mia-lia Kiernan fights unjust detention and deportation policies with the 1Love Movement.
- Decarcerate PA is a strong, persistent coalition that organizes to end mass incarceration.
- Resource Generation, Philadelphia Chapter is boldly using their collective resources to shift the balance of power in Philadelphia.
Will you sponsor the Tribute to Change to show your friends, family, and colleagues that you support real change? Just as we cheer for our honorees, we proudly announce your name as a sponsor because your support deserves applause. When you sponsor, you affirm our work and our deep commitment to community organizing as the best way to deliver real change.
Columbia University, HERBERT MARCUSE AND THE LEGACY OF ONE-DIMENSIONAL MAN, September 29, 2014.